Thursday, November 7, 2013

100 word challenge (Gumboots)

Beep beep. I can never get that noise out of my head. It’s the sound of my alarm at 3:30 every morning! It’s the holidays and dad loves to get fishing by 4:30am every morning. One day dad woke me up at 2:00 am! We were on the boat by 3:00am. “I hear there are some pretty big snapper today.” Dad said. I threw out my line and immediately I felt something tugging anxiously. I pulled and pulled. Suddenly I fell in! Splash! Dad tugged me out. I was drenched from head to toe. I will never forget that day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Courtney!

    This is a really original take on the 100WC this week. I like the fact that you have thought about those alarm clock feelings we all have! I can't imagine getting up at 2am!

    I really like the fact that in your story, you are the victim as it were. You fall in the water. I'm glad that dad rescued you too.

    I hope that you'll keep writing and that we'll see you back here on the 100WC!

    Mrs Radd (Team100WC) :)

    ReplyDelete