Friday, September 14, 2012

100WC

This is my 100WC. I hope you enjoy it. Please leave me a comment.

...Looking behind me, I saw...

a scary dragon like creature with 7 eyes, 12 feet, torn sharp wings and a wart on his right eyeball! “Aghhh!” This tall tree looks like it would be an easy climb. “Ouch! My knee” I escaped as quickly as Usain bolt! The monster was gaining my lead. “Help!” It was then I realized I was naked in the forest with no one to save me. The creature was really close now! “Chomp” It was all over now. Who even am I? I don’t care now. I’m dead meat! “Gulp”
“Somebody save me!” Who are my family? Help!”

By Courtney

3 comments:

  1. Hi Courtney
    An interesting story that kept me wondering the whole way through if the girl in the story (was she a girl)was going to escape.
    I liked your comparison of the girl running to Usain Bolt - she must of ran fast!
    Next time can you add more detail as to what the girl is doing in the story. More descriptions of what is happening around her.
    Great 100WC writing!
    Mrs Natusch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear!! It sounds like it won't be a happy ending for you :-(

    I like the simile 'as fast as Usain Bolt'. You've obviously been inspired by the Olympics1

    Well done :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Courtney,

    With the growing number of entries in the 100 Word Challenge, a team of volunteers was set up to make sure every entry has a comment from a teacher somewhere in the world. I am a member of Team 100WC. We are each assigned a collection of the entries into the 100WC and your entry is in my group. I am very pleased it is as I enjoy fantasy stories. :)

    I liked your description of the dragon-like creature and your use of speech. Comparing the speed of your escape with Usain Bolt is very good simile. It suggests your speed was a world record attempt to get away. I know if this creature was after me I’d be breaking my personal best to escape.

    What an embarrassing and tragic end you have in the story. At least, somehow, you’ve been able to share your tragic story with us so perhaps there is still some hope for you so you can enter future 100WCs. :)

    Have you taken some time to look at the entries of anyone from another school and perhaps left a comment for them? The 100WC is a great opportunity to share stories and comments.

    @RossMannell (Team 100WC)
    Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

    ReplyDelete